Liposuction is steadily becoming one of the most sought-after procedures in India. It is a cosmetic fat removal surgery in which the excessive fat from specific areas of the body is removed through suction. For people looking to get a sculpted midsection, abdominal liposuction may be the way to go. Liposuction surgery in Delhi is available at Aesculpir. Continue reading to find out more about the types, its working along with its benefits and safety before making your decision.
Table of Contents:
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- Who is an ideal candidate for Liposuction?
- How does it Work?
- Is Liposuction safe?
- Recovery and maintenance
- Cost of Liposuction in Delhi.
Who is an ideal candidate for liposuction?
Liposuction may not be well suited to everyone and offer the best results. To be an ideal candidate for liposuction, you:
A. Should have stayed as close to your ideal body weight as possible (within about 30%)
The process of liposuction removes fat that is superficial and is resistant to most forms of exercise and lifestyle modifications. This type of fat could have its origin in a hereditary tendency.
The fat surrounding the organs, known as visceral fat, is correlated to obesity that comes from making poor dietary and lifestyle choices. This type of fat responds to fat-burning physical activities and eating wisely.
B. Are not overweight or obese but there is a particular body area that concerns you- such as the arms, stomach, abdomen, buttocks, etc
Liposuction is not a weight-loss procedure. It is a contouring method of the muscles and helps to attain a shapely appearance of the area. Do not consider it to be a replacement for a healthy lifestyle. Belly fat removal surgery can be effective if you have a healthy BMI.
C. The skin around the area is firm and elastic: To achieve good results from liposuction, the skin in the targeted area must be firm and maintain its elasticity. In a stomach fat removal, the areas with firm skin will adapt well to the new contour that will make the outcome smooth and pleasing.
D. You do not smoke: Smoking increases the risk of bleeding, delays healing, and increases the risk of serious complications. If you are someone who smokes, make sure to stop smoking at least one month before surgery, Stay away from smoking for one month after the procedure to achieve good results and avoid negative outcomes.
E. You have realistic goals and expectations
Visit Aesculpir, one of the best cosmetic surgery clinic in Delhi for a pleasant experience and reliable results.
You must have a realistic expectation of how the treated area should look like. The final results appear after about one to three months after liposuction is done. The procedure involves a gentle resculpting of the area and it is important to lead a healthy lifestyle and follow an exercise regimen to maintain the results of the procedure. Aesculpir is one of the best places for liposuction surgery in Delhi.
How does it work?
The journey towards your sculpted body starts with a consultation. The liposuction surgery price in Delhi is worth what you pay for with Aesculpir.
- The surgeon will make an assessment to see if liposuction is for you.
- After determining the skin elasticity and the locations of accumulated fat, along with other determinants for a good candidate, the doctor will guide you to choose the most suited liposuction type for you.
- Liposuction may be performed on an inpatient or outpatient basis.
- The surgeon may want to carry out certain investigations as a routine before the surgery
- Liposuction before and after results is better when you take necessary precautions.
- Anesthesia is required to perform a liposuction
- The choice of anesthesia will depend upon the location of the surgery
- The surgery starts with the doctor making one or more multiple incisions into the area and inserting a cannula into it.
- The cannula is designed to move back and forth to loosen the fat cells that are collected into a flask attached to the cannula.
- This process creates burrows in the cells that will collapse following the surgery to give you that finished look
- It takes about eight to twelve weeks until that chiseled look is achieved
- A compression garment as advised by the doctor may be necessary.
| Also Read: Can Fat Return After Liposuction? |
The types of liposuction vary and are based on the technique used. But the common aim of all the types is to suck the excess fat out of the chosen area.
A. Tumescent liposuction– Most commonly used, this type involves the injection of a saline solution containing lidocaine and epinephrine. By using this combination, the suction of the fat cells becomes easier. The technique spans a few hours to perform. It involves minimal blood loss and fluid replacement following surgery is rarely required.
B. Ultrasound-guided liposuction– As the name suggests, this technique uses sound waves beneath the skin to break down the fat cells.
C. Laser lipo– This technique uses heat energy in the form of lasers to melt the layers of fat under the skin.
Is liposuction safe?
Liposuction is a surgery to remove fat and is a safe procedure. When performed under a skilled surgeon, the procedure offers great outcomes fulfilling your realistic expectations. It removes fat from the targeted areas without damaging the other organs.
It is common to experience a little bruising, swelling, pain, and scarring that heals well with time. For best results, you need to follow the doctor’s recommendation.
Very rarely infection, poor and delayed wound healing may persist.
| Also Read: Liposuction Surgery: Facts vs Myths |
Recovery and maintenance
You will be able to return to work in about 7 days after the procedure. It may take about 5 to 6 weeks for you to resume a physical fitness regimen. The timeline of recovery and to be able to see the finished results is a period of about one to three months.
| Also Read: Liposuction Recovery: Tips on How To Enhance Your Recovery |
Some of the precautions you need to follow include:
- Stay away from vigorous exercise for 4 weeks
- Keep the incisions clean
- Avoid smoking for about 4 weeks after the surgery
- Resume previous medication as per the doctor’s advice
- Continue mild activity up to 4 weeks
Cost of liposuction in Delhi
The expense may vary depending upon the area treated, the procedure involved, and the choice of clinic. Liposuction surgery price in Delhi varies between Rs 50,000 to Rs 2,50,000.
Aesculpir is home to the best cosmetic surgeons in Delhi, who come with world-class training and great experience. We believe in providing a personalized approach where your aesthetic concerns will be addressed. Our specialists will advise you on the options available to maximize your outcome. Schedule and step in to avail comprehensive cosmetic care under one roof!