Rhinoplasty for Flat Nose, Procedure & Cost in India
A Flat nose is a low nasal bridge, that is when the bridge of your nose is flatter or lower than usual. The main causative factor can be either of the following:
– an underlying genetic condition
– an accident
– an infection.
Some people choose to alter their flat noses for cosmetic purposes or surgery called RHINOPLASTY, sometimes called by patients “NOSE JOB” or “NOSE RESHAPING.”
Rhinoplasty for a flat nose is a surgical process that changes the shape of the nose. The motivation for rhinoplasty surgery for a flat nose comes from the desire to change the appearance of the nose, improve breathing patterns, or both.
The upper portion of the structure of the nose is bone, and the lower portion is cartilage. Rhinoplasty surgery for a flat nose can change bone, cartilage, skin, or all three.
Table of Contents:
- Who Needs Flat Nose Rhinoplasty?
- How Is It Done?
- How to Prepare For Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What to Expect After Rhinoplasty Surgery?
Who Needs Flat Nose Rhinoplasty?
With the social media presence gaining importance and limelight, the desire to look perfect has become a trend. As rhinoplasty surgery for a flat nose is fairly harmless and least invasive with prominent results, more and more people are opting for it. Individuals wanting to make a difference in their overall appearance by easily replacing flat noses are ideal candidates for rhinoplasty.
Rhinoplasty is done when the patient needs to–
– Remove a hump on the nose
– Straighten the bridge of the nose
– Reshaping the nose tip
– Increase or decrease the size of the nostrils
– Correct the nose after an injury
– Open breathing passages
– Make the nose bigger or smaller
– To change how you look.
How Is It Done?
Rhinoplasty surgery for a flat nose is done under local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia, depending on how complex your surgery is and what your surgeon prefers. Discuss which type of anesthesia is most appropriate for you with your doctor before surgery.
Local anesthesia with sedation – This type of anesthesia is usually used in an outpatient setting. It’s limited to a specific area of your body. Your doctor injects a pain-numbing medication into your nasal tissues and sedates you with medication injected through an intravenous (IV) line. This makes you groggy but not fully asleep.
General anesthesia – You receive the drug (anesthetic) by inhaling it or through a small tube (IV line) placed in a vein in your hand usually. General anesthesia affects your entire body and causes you to be unconscious during surgery. General anesthesia requires a breathing tube.
– Incision is given either inside your nose or through a small external cut at the base of your nose, between your nostrils which are not visible on healing.
– Surgeon can change the shape of your nasal bones or cartilage in several ways, depending on how much needs to be removed or added, your nose’s structure, and available materials.
The surgeon may use cartilage taken from deep inside your nose, and ear for small changes.
– For larger changes, the surgeon can use cartilage from your rib, implants, or bone from other body parts.
– After these changes are made, the surgeon places the nose’s skin and tissue back and stitches the incisions in your nose.
– If the wall between the two sides of the nose is bent, the surgeon can also correct it to improve breathing.
– Post-surgery, you’ll be in a recovery room, where the staff monitors your return to wakefulness.
How to Prepare For Rhinoplasty Surgery?
Before finalizing rhinoplasty, you must meet with your surgeon to discuss important factors that determine whether the surgery is good for you. Only a surgeon can tell whether you are a good candidate for surgery or not.
Your medical history – Your doctor will ask questions about your medical history — including a history of nasal obstruction, surgeries, and any medications you take..
A physical exam – Your doctor will advise for a few laboratory tests, such as blood tests. Your facial features will be examined, inside and outside of your nose. It helps your doctor determine the thickness of your skin or the strength of the cartilage at the end of your nose, which may affect your results.
Photographs – The doctor will take photographs of your nose from different angles for before-and-after assessments, reference during surgery, and long-term review.
A discussion of your expectations – They will explain what rhinoplasty can and can’t do for you and what your results might be.
Food and medications – Avoid medications containing aspirin or ibuprofen for two weeks before and after surgery. These medications may increase bleeding. Also, avoid herbal remedies and over-the-counter supplements.
Personal habit – Avoid smoking as it slows the healing process after surgery and may make you more likely to get an infection.
What to Expect After Rhinoplasty Surgery
After the surgery, you need to rest in bed with your head raised higher than your chest to reduce bleeding and swelling. Your nose may be congested because of swelling or from the splints placed inside. Your doctor may ask that you follow precautions for several weeks after surgery
– Avoid strenuous activities such as aerobics and jogging.
– Take baths instead of showers.
– Not blow your nose.
– Eat high-fiber foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to avoid constipation.
– Avoid extreme facial expressions, such as smiling or laughing.
– Brush your teeth gently to limit movement of your upper lip.
– Wear clothes that fasten in the front, such as shirts.
– Don’t rest eyeglasses or sunglasses on your nose for at least four weeks after the surgery.
– Some temporary swelling or black-and-blue discoloration of your eyelids can occur for two to three weeks after nasal surgery. Swelling of the nose takes longer to resolve. Limiting your dietary sodium will help the swelling go away faster.
– Don’t put anything such as ice or cold packs on your nose after surgery.
The Aesculpir clinic is a state of art cosmetic clinic aiming to deliver a comprehensive solution to all your aesthetic problems under one roof. It ranks among the best clinic for rhinoplasty surgery for the flat nose. The clinic has a team of experienced staff with experts to supervise and cater to all your requirements. The ultimate goal of the clinic is to see its patients happy and satisfied with the end results.
- Is rhinoplasty surgery for a flat nose permanent?
Rhinoplasty for a flat nose does permanent changes to the contour of your nose for a lifetime.
- Rhinoplasty for flat nose cost in India?
Rhinoplasty for flat nose cost in India starts from as low as INR80,000 and varies depending on the extent of the problem, surgeon, clinic, and other conditions.
Subscribe To The Aesculpir
Subscribe To The Aesculpir
- Extended Tummy Tuck: Procedure, Pictures, Cost, and More 26-May-2022
- How a Tummy Tuck Can Benefit Your Overall Health 23-May-2022
- Rhinoplasty for Flat Nose, Procedure & Cost in India 01-May-2022
- Breast Augmentation Surgery Cost: How Much Does Breast Augmentation Cost In India 13-Apr-2022
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Thread Lifts 03-Apr-2022