What is Hair Transplant? Its Procedure, Recovery and Cost
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
1. What is Hair Transplant?
Hair transplant surgery is a medical procedure in which hair follicles are obtained from a donor area on the scalp of a patient and implanted on the areas where the hair is thin or bald. In other words, different strips of hair or follicular units are extracted and thereafter transplanted in the balding areas.
2. Types of Hair Transplant Techniques
There are three types of hair transplant techniques through which donor grafts are extracted:
Follicular unit transplantation (FUT): During this procedure, local anesthesia is administered to the patient and a strip of hair is cut from the back of the head and dissected into individual grafts to treat the bald area. Once extraction is completed, the surgeon proceeds with fixing of the grafts or hair follicles to the bald area. Thereafter, tiny incisions are made by using needles and very fine blades in the balding area. Once this has been performed, the extracted hair grafts are inserted through tiny sites or holes in the balding area. The surgeon would perform the FUT procedure by non-touch techniques and it would be done without causing any damage to the hair roots under state-of-the-art microscopic vision. In addition to this, the surgeon would offer special consideration to hairline creation so that you get a natural look suiting your age.
Follicular unit extraction (FUE): During this procedure, the surgeon extracts individual follicular units one by one from the back of the head through a specialised machine. Once extraction is fully completed, the surgeon transfers the grafts or hair follicles to the bald area. Thereafter, the surgeon creates tiny holes using needles and very fine blades in the balding area. After this, the extracted hair grafts are inserted through tiny sites or holes in the balding area. The FUE process is ideal for people with smaller areas of baldness. This less invasive procedure involves minimum scalp cuts and stitches. The FUE procedure is performed by non-touch techniques without damaging the hair roots and under cutting-edge microscopic vision. Furthermore, special consideration is provided to hairline creation for offering a natural look to a person suiting his or her age and facial profile by expert surgeons.
Direct Hair Transplant (DHT): An advanced version of the FUE method, Direct Hair Transfer can be referred to as a procedure in which follicular units are individually extracted from the patient’s donor area through a manual extractor, without using a motor. Thereafter, the extracted follicles are implanted through a transplanter into the balding patches. The biggest difference between FUE and DHT is that reception sites are not created in Direct Hair Transplant.
The donor area may be any part of the body like the scalp, chest, beard, or pubic region of the patient. In all these methods, the surgeon emphasises on the placement of the follicles where the depth, direction, and angle of grafts are kept in mind, which in turn, results in natural aesthetics.
3. Who should opt for Hair Transplants?
Hair transplantation is ideal for:
- Men who have been losing their hair because of male pattern baldness for a period of more than 5 years.
- Men and women who have lost hair because of burns or trauma.
- Men whose hair loss patterns have stabilised and want to regain a more youthful appearance.
- Men and women with realistic expectations and who have been losing hair for many years and tired of taking prescription medications.
4. Recovery Time and Post-Surgical Care
After the surgery, your scalp may be tender and you will be asked to take pain medications like an antibiotic or an anti-inflammatory drug for about 5-8 days. The surgeon will ask you to wear bandages for at least a day or two over the scalp.
A majority of people opting for hair transplantation procedures are able to return to work after 2-5 days of the operation. The transplanted hair will fall out within 2-3 weeks after surgery but you should notice new hair growth within a few months.
5. Benefits of Hair Transplant
- Natural Hair Regrowth: A hair transplant procedure is a blessing for people who want to possess a natural-looking hairline. Since the surgery is performed by transplanting hair from the donor to the recipient site, the look and texture of the donor’s hair match perfectly with the existing hair.
- Improved self-esteem: Premature hair loss or baldness can be devastating to the appearance and confidence of an individual. Undoubtedly, a hair transplant procedure helps you regain a more youthful appearance and improve your outlook on life.
- Low maintenance: A hair transplant procedure requires minimal maintenance after the surgery as the transplanted hair works like regular hair. You don’t have to buy special shampoos or chemicals to maintain hair density.
6. Possible complications associated with a hair transplant
Hair transplant procedures rarely result in side effects such as itching or scalp irritation though it can be easily controlled or prevented as the surgeon will provide you with medications to stay in the best shape. At Aecsulpir, you will get the best treatment with minimal risk and If there is any side effect, we will take care of it.
7. What is the cost of Hair Transplant in Delhi NCR?
The average cost of hair transplant in Delhi NCR is Rs. 35-80k. The cost is dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to the number of grafts required, type of baldness, the hair restoration procedure, brand and reputation of the hair transplant clinic, qualifications and skills of the surgeon, etc.
To explore all your hair restoration options and learn more about the different types of hair transplant procedures, you can reach out to us. We will help you discover the perfect hair restoration solution to help you make a well-informed decision and meet your own individual needs. At Aesculpir, you will get the best hair transplantation treatment at affordable prices.
- What is Hair Transplant? Webmd.com | November 10, 2020
- Types of Hair Transplant Techniques Healthline.com | November 10, 2020
- Recovery Time and Post-Surgical Care AAD.org | November 10, 2020
- Benefits of Hair Transplant Plasticsurgey.org | November 10, 2020
- Benefits of Hair Transplant HHY.co.in | November 10, 2020
- Types of Hair Transplant Techniques Medicalnewstoday.com| November 10, 2020
Subscribe To The Aesculpir
Subscribe To The Aesculpir
- Eye Bag Surgery: Benefits, Risks, Recovery Time & Cost in Delhi 24-Sep-2021
- Gynecomastia Surgery: procedure, recovery, cost, and more 03-Sep-2021
- Liposuction Recovery: Tips on How To Enhance Your Recovery 02-Sep-2021
- Liposuction: How it works, Types, Safety & Benefits 24-Aug-2021
- How long does a hair transplant last? 19-Aug-2021