Gynecomastia Surgery: procedure, recovery, cost, and more
Gynecomastia surgery is a cosmetic surgical method used to reduce the size of the breast tissue in men. The enlargement of breasts may be due to excessive breast tissue or due to fat accumulation in one or both sides. The appearance may not be pleasant and cause embarrassment. Male gynecomastia surgery is a good choice if you are looking forward to a sculpted chest. The Aesculpir Clinic offers this procedure in Delhi and it is a host of other aesthetic services under one roof.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- Who should undergo Gynecomastia Surgery?
- How should I prepare for it?
- Gynecomastia Surgery Procedure.
- What does recovery look like after the Surgery?
- Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery in Delhi.
1. Who should undergo Gynecomastia Surgery?
If you are someone who
- Experiences swollen breasts
- Are over 18 years of age
- Find it painful on touch
- Are dealing with a lack of confidence
- Face embarrassment to go out and live life
- Is facing undue mental stress due to the appearance of your chest
- Have nipple discharge in one or both the breasts
- Are having hormonal imbalances -( testosterone and estrogen)
- Suffer from thyroid hormone imbalance contributing to gynecomastia
Gynecomastia surgery will give back your confidence, boost your credence to face life better.
2. How should I prepare for it?
- The first step is to consult your doctor and make sure gynecomastia surgery is right for you.
- Prior to the surgery, your doctor will advise a few routine blood and urine tests
- Male breast reduction surgery cost in Delhi varies depending on the procedure chosen
- Your doctor may ask you to stop some of the daily medication that you are taking
- If you are someone who smokes, you may need to quit smoking four weeks before the surgery
- Limit alcohol intake or abstain from drinking about two weeks preceding the surgery
- Shaving or waxing the chest is not recommended since two weeks
- Drink plenty of water before the surgery to help with healing
- Cut down on sugar and processed foods
- Eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables enhances healing of the male breast reduction surgery
- Make sure to have a friend or family member to care for you in the first 2 days after surgery
- Stay well rested and relaxed
- Stop taking solid foods about 6 hours before the gynecomastia surgery procedure
- Inform your doctor about the medications that you are taking
3. Gynecomastia surgery procedure
The target of gynecomastia surgery is to improve the contour of the breast and to repair any imperfections of the nipple and the areola. The procedure involves :
- General anesthesia is usually given for the procedure
- Your surgeon and the anesthesiologist will decide upon the mode of anesthesia
- If general anesthesia is chosen, you will be unconscious throughout the procedure
- In the case of local anesthesia, intravenous medications are given to make you fall asleep.
- After your anesthesia takes effect, the procedure commences.
- A cut is made around the areola (pigmented area) to get access to the tissue
- The technique involves:
- The surgical recession of the breast tissue
- Removal of the excess fat in the area
- Sometimes, a combination of both procedures is used.
- The incision may be in the areola, the armpit, or the breast crease.
- After opening up, the extra breast tissue is removed
- When liposuction needs to be used, a special fluid is injected to expand and loosen the fat.
- This solution will numb the area as well as cut down on bleeding
- A cannula is then inserted through the incision and moved backward and forward to remove the fat by the process of vacuum suction
- By creating tunnels inside, the fat is sucked out.
- In the following weeks after the surgery, the tunnels shrink in size giving the chest a flat contour.
- The incision is closed using the appropriate methods
Male breast reduction surgery in Delhi is available at the Aesculpir clinic with the best surgeons and the most advanced care.
| Also Read:Do’s And Don’ts Before Male Breast Reduction Surgery|
What does recovery look like after the surgery?
- Following the male breast reduction surgery, you may resume work in about a week as per your comfort
- The area will be bandaged and allowed to heal
- Pain, tenderness, and swelling along with numbness are felt in the first few days
- You may need to wear a compression garment over the chest to decrease swelling and offer support
- Avoid sleeping on the tummy or the side during the first week
- Once your bandages are removed and the surgeon has inspected and confirmed that the stitches are dry, you may take a shower
- Heavy and exhausting activities must be avoided for about 3 weeks for good male gynecomastia surgery recovery
- Prescribed pain medications will help with the swelling and pain
- Symptoms slowly subside during the first week and later
- After two weeks, light exercise in moderation can be resumed
- If you need to shave your chest, do confirm with your surgeon
- After a few days you may lightly massage the operated area to soften the scar. This also helps to achieve a smoother finish during gynecomastia surgery recovery time
- Stay away from smoking of any kind for up to four weeks as nicotine can delay healing
- Stick to a healthy and regular diet
- Include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables that contain healing properties
- Maintain your posture
The best gynecomastia surgery in Delhi is one of the procedures offered at the Aesculpir Clinic.
Common complications of the procedure
- Bruising in the chest area
- Bleeding , infection
- Fluid collection
- Improper drainage
- Loose skin
- Asymmetry of the chest after healing is complete
- Numbness in the nipple area
- Unexpectedly visible scarring
- Improper wound healing
- Discoloration of the skin around the incision and treated area
- Loss of skin over the nipple area
- There may be a need for a revision or repeat surgery
- Rarely systemic lung complications
However these complications are rare if done in a proper sterile environment and by an expert plastic surgeon .
The results of gynecomastia surgery are mostly permanent provided the cause has been rightly addressed and you maintain a healthy weight and follow a good lifestyle.
| Also Read: Gynecomastia Surgery – Benefits Vs. Risks |
The Aesculpir clinic is the cosmetic surgery clinic in Delhi; if you are looking for a comprehensive facility for your body sculpting and reshaping needs. Your health is our priority and we always strive to offer you the best services with a patient-friendly approach.
Subscribe To The Aesculpir
Subscribe To The Aesculpir
- Extended Tummy Tuck: Procedure, Pictures, Cost, and More 26-May-2022
- How a Tummy Tuck Can Benefit Your Overall Health 23-May-2022
- Rhinoplasty for Flat Nose, Procedure & Cost in India 01-May-2022
- Breast Augmentation Surgery Cost: How Much Does Breast Augmentation Cost In India 13-Apr-2022
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Thread Lifts 03-Apr-2022