Are you pregnant and worried about what will happen to your body contour after the delivery of your baby? Will you be able to feel confident and beautiful in your own skin like in old times? During pregnancy, a woman’s body goes through a lot of hormonal changes. Moreover, this may take a toll on her mental health when they see the sagging and extra stretched skin over their tummy. One first-hand solution to this problem will be getting your tummy tuck or abdominoplasty done by a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon. Before you consider a tummy tuck, we know the first question that arises in your mind is, ‘can I get a tummy tuck after C-section?’ To learn more about the best time, where you should go for a tummy tuck, and many more, keep scrolling!
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- How to reduce belly fat after c section with Tummy Tuck?
- Who is the good candidate for Tummy Tuck After A C-Section?
- How Long After a C-Section Do You Have to Wait for a Tummy Tuck?
- What to expect
How to reduce belly fat after C- section with Tummy Tuck?
You may think that combining both the delivery procedure and tummy tuck would be ideal. It is a misconception that a single surgery can combine C-section and the tummy tuck procedure, and there will also be a single recovery period instead of two.Here’s everything you need to know about a tummy tuck and a C-section, including the optimum time to do so.
- What does a Tummy tuck involve? -Tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is a cosmetic procedure that involves the removal of extra tissues, fat, and sagging skin from the abdomen area. You will get a toned, tighter, and more appealing body contour as an outcome of the surgery.
- What does a C-section involve? A C-section involves an incision placed on the woman’s abdomen and uterus to make a place for the unborn child or multiple children. A gynecologist takes this decision when a woman is not able to deliver the baby naturally through the birth canal.
- Is it beneficial to consider tummy tuck after C-section? A C-section is a major surgical procedure that involves blood loss and a lot of trauma in the lower abdominal region. This makes the recovery period after C-section fairly lengthy. Adding another cosmetic surgery can prolong the recovery period and increase the chances of infection by a few folds. It imposes a risk on the overall health of women after delivery.
Apart from that, a woman’s body undergoes many changes after the delivery. She will not lose all of her pregnancy weight right after the surgery. A natural weight loss during the recovery period is necessary for a good outcome after the tummy tuck surgery. That is why, according to the professional medical community, generally, it’s not advisable to go for a Tummy tuck right after the delivery.
Who is the suitable candidate for Tummy Tuck After A C-Section?
Before considering Tummy tuck right after cesarean delivery, you can consult all your doubts with your gynecologists and plastic surgeon as well. You can count on tummy tuck if-
- You are back to your original healthy weight after the recovery from C-section
- If your overall health and physical condition are good.
- If you are not planning for a second pregnancy. You should go for this surgery once you are done with the family planning. A tummy tuck after 2 C-sections or 3 C-sections can complicate the procedure and increase the scar tissue in your tummy.
- Ask your surgeon whether you can go for a tummy tuck during breastfeeding or not, as the procedure involves a lot of medication and anesthetic
How Long After a C-Section Do You Have to Wait for a Tummy Tuck?
According to our expert surgeons at ‘The Aesculpir,’ women should take post-operative rest for 4-6 months. Complete healing is necessary for a desirable outcome of tummy tuck cosmetic surgery. Moreover, our doctors will ensure that your body has undergone complete recovery before the belly tuck procedure. This way, overall complications like the chances of developing a blood clot and infections will be reduced. You will not miss quality time with your baby and your body will have enough time for healing after the pregnancy and the delivery.
What to expect for a tummy tuck after C-section?
- Before having the tummy tuck, you will be admitted to the hospital.
- After a thorough check-up of your overall health, doctors will put you under general anesthesia or intravenous sedation.
- Your surgeons will incise between your belly button and the pubic area.
- The shape and extent of the incision will depend on the amount of excess tissue and saggy skin.
- The skin is lifted after the incision, and required changes are made.
- Finally, the abdominal skin is stitched back together.
- Patients have to wear firm, elastic support bandages or compression. This is how you can get a tummy tuck after C-sections. Garments during the healing period after the surgery to avoid swelling. This might take around an hour or two for the surgery to complete.
The Aesculpir clinic is a cutting-edge cosmetic facility that aims to provide a one-stop solution for all of your aesthetic issues. As the leading cosmetic surgery clinic in Delhi, we first listen to your concerns and then provide the best solution for you at an affordable price; additionally, our well-trained staff ensures that their patients receive the best care and holistic therapy.
Is it safe?
Getting a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty procedure is completely safe under the guidance of our experts. You can consult with our experts whenever you are ready to go for this. They will guide you through the procedure so that you experience hassle-free surgery and recovery.
Can I combine my tummy tuck with the C-section?
You can go through both procedures one after another. But a waiting time after the C-section or delivery will improve the results of a tummy tuck. So that you can get your youthful appearance back and gain the self-confidence that you deserve. If you want to get a complete makeover after being a mommy, you can always count on ‘The Aesculpir’ for advanced body contouring.