TUMMY TUCK SURGERY: PROCEDURE, COST AND BENEFITS
Do you have a belly pooch? Does this affect your overall appearance and make you self conscious? If you have excess skin in your lower abdomen, which is not getting treated by diet or exercise, you may need to consider a tummy tuck surgery or abdominoplasty.
This cosmetic procedure helps to flatten your abdomen by removing the extra fat and skin in the region and subsequently tightening your abdominal wall muscles. Find more information about a tummy tuck surgery below.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
What is Tummy Tuck Surgery?
Who is the right candidate for Tummy Tuck Surgery?
How is it performed?
Benefits of Tummy Tuck Surgery
Possible side effects of the Surgery
What is the Cost of Tummy Tuck surgery in Delhi NCR?
1. What is Tummy Tuck Surgery?
A tummy tuck surgery is also commonly called Abdominoplasty. It is a surgical procedure that is done to meet the cosmetic and aesthetic requirements of a person. The surgery removes the excess fat and skin in your abdominal region. With this procedure, a person can also get a smoother and firmer abdomen and a toned belly. A tummy tuck surgery, in many cases, also helps to restore the muscles in the abdomen that are weak or have become separated.
The different kinds of tummy tuck surgery include:
- full tummy tuck or classic tummy tuck, to remove excess skin and fat from the middle and lower abdomen
- mini tummy tuck or mini/ modified abdominoplasty, to remove excess skin and fat only from the lower abdomen
- endoscopic abdominoplasty, a minimally invasive procedure to tighten the abdominal wall near the pubic bone
- fleur-de-Lis abdominoplasty, an extreme tummy tuck surgery done to remove large amounts of extra skin, typically suitable for patients who have lost a lot of weight
2. Who is the right candidate for a Tummy Tuck?
A tummy tuck surgery can be done on men as well as women. Typically, you are the right candidate for a tummy tuck surgery if you meet the following criteria:
- You are physically healthy and have a stable weight
- You used to be obese and have excess fat deposits or loose skin around the abdomen
- You are a non-smoker
- You have loose or weak abdominal muscles
- You are not currently pregnant or planning a pregnancy in the near future
- You wish to tighten your abdominal muscles and reduce extra skin around your belly after pregnancy
3. How is it Performed?
A tummy tuck surgery is major surgery, and therefore, is different for each person. Typically, a tummy tuck procedure is usually done within two to four hours.
A tummy tuck procedure involves the following steps:
Administering anesthesia: the surgeon will administer either intravenous or general anesthesia before the surgery, depending upon the type of surgery.
Creating an incision: this will depend upon the type of tummy tuck surgery that you opt for. For instance, in a full tummy tuck, the incision will be horizontal and will be made between the pubic region and the belly button. For a mini tummy tuck, a small incision will be made around the bikini line.
Removal of extra skin and fat: the surgeon will then remove the excess skin and fat, and sew the abdominal wall muscles if they are stretched out. Then, they will pull the skin tightly over your abdomen and trim off the excess skin.
Closing of incisions: after the surgeon has removed the extra skin and fat, they will close the incision using sutures, skin glue, stitches, or tape.
4. Benefits of Tummy Tuck Surgery
A tummy tuck surgery also benefits a patient in several ways. Some of the advantages of a tummy tuck procedure include:
- It helps to give a person a flat and toned abdomen
- It can repair the separated stomach muscles
- It helps to remove the extra flab around the belly after extreme weight loss or pregnancy
- It helps to eliminate stretch marks due to pregnancy or weight gain
- It helps to reduce SUI or Stress Urinary Incontinence
- It can correct a ventral hernia
- It can decrease back pain due to weakened stomach muscles
- It can also help to improve the overall posture
- It can also help to treat unwanted stretch marks and scars
5. Possible side effects of the Surgery
As with any other major surgery, there are some side effects associated with tummy tuck surgery too. Although rare, these side effects are curable. Some of these include:
- Bruising at the incision site
- Scars after the tummy tuck procedure
- Fluid accumulation
When getting a tummy tuck surgery in South Delhi, one can get the best treatment with full safety at Aesculpir. The treatment procedures here are safe and done with complete protocols. In case the patient has any discomfort or experiences side effects from the tummy tuck surgery, the specialists here will take care of it.
6. Post-op recovery
The recovery after a tummy tuck surgery varies from person to person. However, several factors, such as a patient’s age, health, and body weight, affect the tummy tuck recovery.
After a tummy tuck surgery, you require some time to recover and let your scars heal from the surgery. For this, you must be fully prepared and take the necessary precautions. Typically, the tummy tuck recovery time varies between four to six weeks, depending upon the patient’s health.
Since you will have drains after the surgery, you must take care of those and empty the drains at regular intervals, as suggested by the surgeon. Furthermore, you must also take antibiotics and anticoagulants regularly. You will also be asked to wear an abdominal binder or compression garment for about six weeks after the surgery to avoid any fluid build-up and support the abdomen. You will also need to avoid any strenuous activity, heavy lifting, or child care for at least four to six weeks after the tummy tuck surgery.
However, you can return to work or do other activities, such as driving, within one to two weeks after the surgery.
7. What is the Cost of Tummy Tuck surgery in Delhi NCR?
For a tummy tuck surgery in South Delhi, the costs vary according to the patients and the clinics. The average tummy tuck surgery cost generally depends upon the following factors:
- The amount of fat or excess skin you wish to reduce
- Surgeon’s fee
- Fees of the surgeon’s team
- Type of tummy tuck surgery
- Cost of diagnostic tests
- Cost of medication
- Complexity of the case
- Hospital/ clinic costs
Typically, the tummy tuck surgery cost in Delhi ranges between INR 70,000 to INR 1,50,000, depending upon the factors, the patient’s overall health, and the type of surgical procedure they wish to undergo. At Aesculpir, you will get a cost-effective tummy tuck surgery in South Delhi with modern techniques.
A tummy tuck surgery can not only give you a firmer and toned abdomen but can also help to boost your self-confidence. Used mostly for aesthetic reasons, tummy tuck surgery also makes it easier for patients to build their abdominal muscles on their own in the future.
However, since it is major surgery, you must be willing to wait for some time before seeing the final results of the procedure. You must also maintain a stable weight and overall health to preserve the results of a tummy tuck surgery.
Subscribe To The Aesculpir
Subscribe To The Aesculpir
- Liposuction Scars: Does Liposuction Leave Scars After Operation? 25-Nov-2022
- Gynecomastia vs. Chest fat: What Is The Difference 23-Nov-2022
- Is Gynecomastia treatment possible without surgery? 14-Nov-2022
- How much does gynecomastia surgery cost in India 09-Nov-2022
- How much does liposuction cost in India? 03-Nov-2022